With therefore numerous phone and computer apps available on the market, and brand brand brand new people appearing each and every day, it may be tough to keep track of which apps our children are employing. Here you will find the many popular apps for teenagers at this time, along side what you ought to realize about each software.
Anonymous Messaging Apps
Exactly What moms and dads be concerned about: Apps that allow texting that is anonymous result in poor alternatives and cyberbullying.
Lipsi (17 or over)
just What moms and dads must know:
- The makers of Lipsi encourages users to place their Lipsi link to their Instagram account so they could receive anonymous feedback about their articles.
- Users can quickly erase chat history, which means that they may be lured to take part in dangerous actions.
Tellonym (13 or over, though anybody under 15 should get permission that is parental
Just exactly exactly What moms and dads have to know:
- This texting that is anonymous presently has over 10 million users.
- Tellonym claims to be monitoring for improper content and contains an area on the web site about handling security issues.
- Users can block particular terms, for example, or block messages from those who are perhaps not new users of this application.
- In England, a few schools have actually warned moms and dads about bullying related to the software.
Real Time Movie Chatting Apps
Just exactly exactly What parents concern yourself with: real time movie apps can boost issues about privacy additionally the prospect of improper content and relationship with predators.
Houseparty (13 or over)
Exactly What parents need to find out:
- This team movie talk solution is reportedly the fourth many app that is downloaded 60 % of their users are under 24.